Edexcel Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
This qualification develops and extends the knowledge, understanding and skills that may be required for employment in a range of vocational sectors, providing a broad work-related focus. It also provides career development opportunities for those already in work. The link between theoretical learning and the world of work is made explicit by giving learners the opportunity to apply their research, skills and knowledge to work-related contexts and case studies.
Intended for higher education and adult learners wishing to progress within existing employment or those who are clear about the area of employment they wish to enter, it also provides a suitable qualification for those wishing to change career or move into employment in management following a career break.
There is a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of the requisite knowledge and understanding that should give all learners the impetus they need to achieve and the skills they require for workplace or education progression.
The approach to teaching and learning recognises the vocational nature of Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Professional qualifications and is designed to provide a balance between practical skill development and knowledge requirements, some of which can be theoretical in nature.
The method of delivery usually includes:
• Case study analysis;
Activities require individual and group participation from learners and learners are provided with feedback and one-to-one support where required.
Assessments will be conducted with a combination of methods including written assignments, individual and group presentations, research projects and tutor devised tests.
The vocational nature of the course allows for assessment to be:
• current - to reflect the most recent developments and issues;
• local - to reflect the employment context of the delivering centre;
• flexible - to reflect learner needs at a time and in a way that matches learner requirements in order to demonstrate achievement.
All units are internally assessed. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
A system of internal moderation is used to ensure assessment is fair and Edexcel verifies the standards achieved. To achieve a 'pass', a learner must have successfully passed all the assessment criteria.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Professional qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership have been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
• engage in learning that is relevant to them and which gives them opportunities to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life;
• achieve a nationally recognised Level 7 vocationally-related qualification;
• progress to employment in a particular vocational sector;
• celebrity gossip progress to related general and/ or vocational qualifications.
The qualification also supports Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as well as enabling progression to Masters degrees, such as an MBA, or a Level 7 NVQ in Management. Many industry and professional bodies offer successful BTEC students exemptions for their own accredited qualifications.
It is also designed to allow entry to and/ or enhance progression in a wide range of managerial roles in the public, private or charitable sector.
Key Course Facts
This qualification is open to everyone aged at least 19 years of age who can meet the required standard and has at least one of the following:
· A recognised Bachelor's degree in a Management or any other discipline;
· A recognised Level 6 qualification;
· A recognised Level 5 qualification with 3 years work experience;
· Mature students with 5 years relevant experiences will be considered on a case-by-case basis;
· Overseas (Tier 4) student must also have a minimum overall CEFR score of B2 - IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) with a minimum IELTS score of 5.5 (or equivalent) in each band.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is a 120-credit qualification that consists of three mandatory units plus optional units that provide for a combined total of 120 credits (where at least 115 credits must be at Level 7 or above).
|Mandatory Core Units||Unit Level||Unit Credit|
|Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Skills||7||10|
|Professional Development for Strategic Managers||7||5|
|Strategic Change Management||7||10|
|Research Methods for Strategic Managers||7||15|
|Project Development and Implementation for Strategic Managers||7||20|
|Managing Financial Principles and Techniques||7||15|
|Strategic Marketing Management||7||10|
|Strategic Human Resource Management||7||10|
|Strategic Quality and Systems Management||7||10|